Keep your Machine clean
Urnex Cafiza is designed to work with all traditional espresso equipment with a 3-way Solenoid valve. It quickly and safely dissolves and removed the oils and residue left by coffee on the internals of the machine, keeping it in top working order. Cafiza is food safe, and non-toxic, and works great for cleaning any part of the machine that comes into contact with coffee. You can even soak portafilters and baskets in them to make them shine like new!
- Eliminates coffee residue and oils from espresso machine groupheads, valves and lines.
- Keeps screens and filters clear for even extraction.
- Can also be used to make a soaking solution to clean portafilters, baskets, screens, and other parts.
- Formulated for optimal balance of solubility and foaming.
- 566 g jar (20 oz).
How to Backflush
1. Insert blind filter in portafilter and add up to 1/2 teaspoon (3 g) of Cafiza Powder.
2. Insert portafilter into group head. Activate brew cycle for 10 seconds. Stop 10 seconds. Repeat 5 times.
3. Remove portafilter and activate brew cycle and rinse portafilter in stream of water from group head.
4. Reinsert portafilter without cleaning powder. Activate brew cycle for 10 seconds. Stop 10 seconds. Repeat 5 times.
5. Replace blind filter with standard basket. Make a cup of espresso to remove any traces of cleaner.
6. Discard espresso – do not drink.